Flying music

A question for you pilots and student pilots out there. What music do you like to listen to when you are on the ground and you dream of being in the air? I don't listen to music in the air because its a distraction I don't need when I am trying to aviate, navigate, listening to engine rpm when I am leaning the mix or maintaining a listening watch on 2 different frequencies.

For me being a sort of pragmatic individual I like listening to songs about flying. I only have 3 so far, "Learning to fly" by Tom Petty, "Learning to fly" by Pink Floyd (yes I like to annoy my friends and family by saying aloud the aviation sample in the middle section - see below for words) and "Learn to fly" by the Foo Fighters. Get the theme going on here? :-) Most of this blog was typed out while listening to these songs, which was while I was learning to fly. Even though I now have my license, I still feel as though I am learning to fly, and the songs still have meaning.

Another song which makes the list because for me going somewhere is only half the journey, its "Home Again" by local NZ band Shihad/Pacifier. Oh well enough randomness for now. Back soon with another flying adventure!

Take care all.



--
"Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd from A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Comms traffic middle section:

Throttle Friction lock - set.
Mixtures - rich
Propellers - fully forward
Flaps - set - 10 degrees
Engine gauges and suction - check
Mixture set to maximum percent - recheck
Flight instruments...
Altimeters - check both

Navigation lights - on
Pitot Heater - on
Strobes - on
(to tower): confirm 3-8-echo ready for departure
(tower): hello again, this is now 129 decimal 4
(to tower): 129.4. it’s to go.
(tower): you may commence your takeoff, winds north at 10 knots.
(to tower): 3-8-echo
Easy on the brakes. take it easy. it’s gonna roll this time.
Just hand the power gradually, and it...

Comments

Rob said…
Well my music tastes are all over the place... I love the 80s, but I like everything from Johnny Cash to Rammstein.... anything but Rap....