The Annual Dinner

Things went past in such a blur I haven't had much time to collect my thoughts.  Being in charge meant all I could think about is what could possibly go wrong.  I won't bore you with the details because it really has nothing to do with flying.  Lets just say that despite a couple of very minor hiccups the night went quite smoothly and I received nothing but compliments from people about an enjoyable evening.

Our guest speaker which I must give all credit to Chris for finding and securing was Keith Skilling.  For those of you who do not know him, he is a very respected warbird pilot and former airline captain who was last seen in NZ skies flying the Mosquito you saw in my last post.  He gave a very interesting talk about his Warbirds experience and was well received by the members. 

The prize giving was not one of nervous excitement on my part because I was now actively involved in it as club captain, assisting the club president in presenting the winners of the competitions.  The sad thing was, even though I didn't know who won I found out before everyone because I had to collate the certificates for the winners so I had the opportunity to spot my name.

I was not successful in defending my Senior Champion title as I placed in only two events.  I won 3rd for the Defective Preflight, and won first place in the Liferaft Drop, something I have never won and have wanted to win for some years now.

So now not only do I have to start practicing for the Central Area Rally (aka Regionals) coming up in November, but I'm also in charge of organizing the club entries to make sure people are registered and accommodated properly.

This has put a temporary hold on my Tecnam rating, but I intend to get back into it once I get the Regionals out of the way.

Comments