Regional Roundup

Despite some practice and the benefit of local knowledge, I didn't place in the forced landings.  The first attempt was not too bad, but according to my spies on the landing grid I dragged a wheel through a couple of boxes.  My second attempt I had more lift that I needed and didn't realize it until far too late so had to go around, effectively ending any chance at a place.  On the other hand, dispatcher Andrew and I placed 3rd in the Liferaft Drop.  I am quite happy with this achievement as it is definitely an improvement on last years effort.  I wish all the winners from the Central Area Rally all the best when they defend our regional honour at the Nationals next February in Tauranga.

I am not doing much flying at the moment because the Silly Season is rapidly approaching and my weekends are full of things other than flying.

I plan to rectify that after Christmas.

Comments