I tried to think of every airfield where I have landed (i.e. I have performed a landing myself, not necessarily as PIC) and the list is longer than I expected:

NAME    ICAO (NZ prefix assumed unless otherwise stated)
Ardmore    AR
Great Barrier    GB
Hamilton    HN
Matamata    MA
Moorabin    YMMB (yes the one in Australia)
New Plymouth    NP
North Shore    NE
Pauanui    UN
Raglan    RA
Rotorua    RO
Taumaranui    TM
Taupo    AP
Tauranga    TG
Te Kowhai    TE
Te Kuiti    TT
Thames    TH
Tokoroa    TO
Waiheke    KE
Whakatane    WK
Whenuapai    WP
Whitianga    WT







Plus two non certificated strip's I've flown into with an experienced instructor - strip flying is as much art as science.  Give it a go only if you can find a suitable instructor, that is very important.



There are two other airports I have flown from where I was in control for most of the flight but did not do the landing:

Hastings NZHS
Wanaka NZWF

It was an interesting exercise to do, and jogged a lot of memories loose.  I hope to be extending that list real soon!

Comments