New Year, New Name

Firstly Happy New Year to all my lurkers who read this blog.  This year should see some interesting posts, but I'll keep the content secret until it's ready.  OK, so the 2016 summary.

  1. A flight in a taildragger
  2. Aerobatic flight
  3. Fly somewhere I have never been
  4. Pass my class II medical
  5. A ride in something cool

  1. No - I found out I can fit into a SuperCub but I cannot operate the heel brakes because I'm too tall.
  2. No - still waiting but at least I now have a rating in an aerobatic aircraft!
  3. Yes - Hawera.
  4. Yes - yay!!
  5. No - I could say my friends 2016 VW Golf R but that doesn't count.

I finished the year with a tick over 260 hours.  Now looking forward to 2017:

  1. A flight in a taildragger
  2. Aerobatic flight
  3. Pass my BFR
  4. Fly somewhere I have never been
  5. A ride in something cool
And in other news, the Aero Club has been transformed into Waikato Aviation after a review by a marketing company.  The new name encompasses the three core aspects of the "Club" (we're still an incorporated society, the trading name has just changed):  a full time flight academy, a recreational pilots club (for people like me), and the Part 135 chartering business.  I think 2017 might be a quite exciting year.

Best wishes to all.

Comments